WWE Women Wrestlers, Vintage Women Wrestlers, Female Pro Wrestlers and British Female Wrestlers from the past, present and future.
Saturday, December 4, 2010
Cookie - Becky Bayless - TNA
One of the most unfortunate things TNA has done recently is the Robbie E and Cookie thing.
Now I love Becky Bayless, and I am sure Rob Eckos is a fine wrestler, but why did TNA have to bring them in and turn them into "Jersey Shore" clones?
Really, this goes back to the old WWF, and not the cool fun part either.
I suppose this is TNA's way of trying to pull in the MTV fan base.
I'm guessing next will be a Sheldon and Leonard tag team ripping off Big Bang Theory (hey...it's popular!) and maybe a vampire/werewolf tag team to get the Twilight fan base.
The sad thing is that like I mentioned earlier, I really like Becky.
Most people think of her as a valet/announcer/interviewer, but she has gotten in quite a bit of ring time.
Back in 2008, Pro Wrestling Illustrated (PWI) ranked Becky as number 37 in the best 50 female singles wrestlers and she once held the Texas Wrestling Entertainment (TWE) Texas Ladies Championship.
She has worked (as a wrestler) for wrestling promotions Ring of Honor (ROH), Wrestling Superstars Unleashed (WSU), Women Superstars Uncensored and on Wrestlicious (as Brooke Lynn) she took part in the "Hoedown Throwdown" (sigh) twenty girl battle royal.
I don't see why TNA didn't just get Becky some wrestling gear and put her in the ring as a Knockout and not have to resort to this MTV ripoff stuff.
MTV and wrestling doesn't mix.
Remember Wrestling Society X?
One of the more embarrassing moments as JWoww From Jersey Shore faces off with Cookie on TNA iMPACT....
Even though I don't like Cookie, I still love me some Becky, and you can see her live on Saturday, December 18th at CWF Mid-Atlantic’s anniversary event “Battlecade XI”.
ArenaChicks will have her there for a special autograph andphotograph session.
You can find out more here:
http://www.arenachicks.com/?p=135
Cookie - Becky Bayless - TNA, posted to http://womensprowrestling.blogspot.com/ on December 4th, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
My Blog List
Popular Posts
-
Something you don't see a lot these days...come to think of it ever....is barefoot female wrestlers. Of course back in the day you had ...
-
Called by many names, the Camel Clutch is a wrestling hold that was invented by the legendary Gory Guerrero in Mexico. Gory called the move...
-
Diane Syms was born on February 8, 1962 in Glens Falls, New York. But she is better known to Old School wrestling fans as Misty Blue Simmes...
-
Wrestler: Sherri Lee Wrestling Training by: Fabulous Moolah Previous Gimmicks: the Bonebreaker Homemaker Notable Feuds: Beverly Shade...
-
In the late 1990s, Sherri Martel worked on the independent circuit. Early in 1999, Martel competed in a mixed-tag team match for the AWF Wo...
-
Wrestler: June Byers Real Name: DeAlva Eyvonnie Sibly-Snyder Birthday: May 25, 1922 Hometown: Houston, Texas Marital Status: Married ...
-
Wrestler: Julie The Red Fuxxx Hometown: Hartford, Connecticut Height & Weight: 5'2" - 110 lbs Wrestling Debut: November 199...
-
Manager: Kimona Wanalaya Real Name: Kristina Laum Born: November 23, 1976,Seoul, South Korea Hometown: Born in Korea Height & We...
-
Classic pro wrestler Barbie Dahl also did some acting. She appeared in the film Mother, Jugs & Speed (1976) along with Bill Cosby, Raque...
-
I asked for some help in finding info on UK wrestlers over at http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/ukproladywrestlers/ and one of the membe...


1 comment:
wow,now that`s fun
but i really like Becky
Post a Comment